The old Relais de la DiligenceSart
This magnificent house dates back to the 18th century. In 1793 the house belonged to Baron J.N. Stenbier, Lord of Sart. The spell on the engraved stone in the wall of the adjacent building reads “Grandpré … a brûlé … SR Hasinel … a réparé “. This spell refers to the looting of the village by the army of the French Count Granpré in 1651, whereby 43 houses were laid in ashes. Hasinelle was the mayor of Sart at that time.
The old Relais de la Diligence
Grand'Rue 132 4845 Jalhay, Belgique