The first church of Jalhay was built in 1514. In 1835, the building burned with only the bell tower surviving. In 1840, a new and much larger church was built. A special feature of this church is the famous twisted spire of which only a few exist in Europe. The twisted spire would withstand high winds.
On the outside of the church are tombstones placed in the brick walls that originate from a former cemetery. The church is on the monumental and architectural heritage list of Wallonia.
The Church Saint Michel