The English monument is a memorial stone with two bronze plates commemorating the explosion of the plane of 7 English pilots during the German offensive on 29th June 1943. This monument was inaugurated in June 1954. As a token of gratitute for this monument, major Sutherley offered the coat of arms of the 97th squadron of the RAF to Jalhay. The coat of arms is located in the Tourist Office of Jalhay-Sart.

Contact details

The English war monument

  • Unnamed Road, 4845 Jalhay, Belgique