The church Saint-Lambert with fortified towerSart
After Theux, Sart became the second parish of the Marquisate Franchimont in 814, including Spa and Jalhay. The fortified church tower dates back to the 12th century and the other part dates back to 1705. In the church two tomb stones of mayors date from the 17th century as well as 10 tomb stones in the outer walls of the church. The Roman fonts, re-engraved in 1620, remind us of the great fire of 1615, which destroyed the church, with the exception of the tower, and laid waste to 42 houses around the market square. The church is on th monumental and architectural heritage list of Wallonia.
The church Saint-Lambert with fortified tower
Place du Marché 242 4845 Jalhay, Belgique